Skip to main content

Shame

We don't talk about the things that get in the way of doing what we know is best for us, our children, our families, our organizations, and our communities.

Me - Shame and guilt are my biggest stumbling blocks right now. I have big answers why shame and guilt trip me up from being able to find my worthiness. These ponds of shame are BIG answers that carry with them many variables that sum up my shame. I know the answers, but I don't know the variables. I have my shame, and I feel bad about it, but I don't know why. How can I tweak the variables that create shame when I don't know what the variables are? I used to have "worthiness" and confidence in myself. Now, I use confidence to hide my shame. My shame: I'm not the guy I thought I was going to grow up to be. I thought I would be a gentleman: kind, honest, sincere, open, truthful, patient, handsome, healthy, clean... I'm none of those things. I fake them though. I probably need to LIVE my worthiness and confidence to remove my shame. My shame comes from events also. Mostly, I just want a normal life. But, you can't change the past. My worthiness comes from me. My worthiness to myself is based on the choices I make on a daily basis that feed into the progress of my life: removing shame, finding self worth, experiencing true love.