Skip to main content

Spirituality

Spirituality is recognizing and celebrating that we are all inextricably connected to each other. by a power greater than all of us, and that our connection to that power and to one another is grounded in love and compassion. Practicing spirituality brings a sense of perspective, meaning, and purpose to our lives.

I used to believe that hope was a "magical" sense of progression. But, in reality, hope is finding a realistic set of goals, the strength to get back up after failing at those goals, and then the belief in ourselves to accomplish those goals. Hope is a learned skill. The more hope we have, the more power we have. Hopelessness is powerlessness. Hope is the byproduct of goal setting and goal accomplishment. Hope is power.

I'll say it again, Awareness has been key to my recovery. I had no idea I was hurting those I loved. I was so self absorbed. I had bought into everything the world was telling me I should be. It had been a long time since I just thought for myself.\

When we numb the painful emotions, we numb the positive ones too. Numbing is anything that "dulls" vulnerability. Numbing removes authenticity, connection, and is our escape from reality. Most of us are "numb-aholics".